Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thread of Endless Television

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 7 months ago #34079

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
7flow wrote:
I told myself if I finish all arrow/flash that I would watch iron fist. I know the show is going to be bad, but I hoping it is bad enough to be funny.

It just has a lot of wasted potential. It can be fixed in a season 2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 7 months ago #34080

• 7flow
yea I watched a lot of clips including the ending. I think season 2 can work.

I personally think the Actor who plays Danny needs to hit the gym. looks like he hasn't done any sort of training his whole life.

Editing needs to be way better.

whoever did the fights for both DD seasons need to work with Iron Fist season 2

please give Danny a fucking costume.

please Give danny more than one glowing body part. like lord have mercy.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 7 months ago #34082

• 7flow
read this on neogaf. Didn't know the show had scheduling issues. would explain how they got Buck on this job who is not someone you want near comic book shows.

"on Fist was ruined by everyone on the top levels of that show, from Buck on up. Marvel TV dragged their feet putting a cast together, dragged their feet on finding a show runner, dragged their feet on everything. So by the time Finn was cast, he had almost no time to train.

Then they bring in Buck...like, holy fuck, who thought that was a good idea? Most likely every other decent potential show runner looked at the schedule and said 'fuck off'. So Buck was really not the 'right guy for the job' but 'the guy who would do the job'.

Then Buck delivers his normal shit, but it can't be salvaged by good action because Finn not only doesn't get enough time to train, but, in some cases, only get 30 fucking minutes to learn choreography. That wasn't hyperbole, it's been on record that they would hand him new choreography less than an hour before shooting.

So, yeah, I'd put every one of Iron Fist's failing squarely on the shoulders of Jeph Loeb and Scott Buck. I thought Finn played a fine naive man-child slowly learning that his 'world' is all sorts of fucked up."

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 7 months ago #34085

I don't like the actor for Ironfist, he's really bad.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 7 months ago #34087

• kabphillie
  • The Doctor is Real In.
The Handmaid's Tale. It's so fucking good, but incredibly difficult to watch.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34190

The latest episode of The Americans, Bravo.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34191

• 7flow
Masters of None is the best thing right now.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34195

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34202

Line of Duty.

Incredible is an understatement, this show is the real deal, when British go all out they go all out, no Hollywood touch when writing/doing entertainment and I love that with British tv.

It's on Netflix ( first 3 seasons only, 4th you have to buy or torrent download ) and I highly recommend start watching.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34203

Shake wrote:
Keanu Reeves as Geralt no one else.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34205

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
I doubt Keanu Reeves would be down for doing a television series, especially now that he's been getting a lot of his star power back.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34208

Shake wrote:
I doubt Keanu Reeves would be down for doing a television series, especially now that he's been getting a lot of his star power back.

If he can do 10 episodes 2-3 months of shooting like Kevin spacey and go on do his movie stuff, it's possible.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34209

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
Shake wrote:

TV doesn't have the stigma that it once did.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34210

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Since when? When do we ever see big name actors who are still very active in the film bizz take the time to do a full season of television. It's always up and comers or older actors that don't draw crowds like they used to (like Kevin Spacey for example).

John Wick 2 made 92 million motherfucking dollars in the USA. Keanu Reeves aint doin no Witcher series LOL. He aint doin no series period.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Shake.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34211

• kabphillie
  • The Doctor is Real In.
They may not be doing 22-episode sitcoms, but a large number of current movie stars are doing the shorter-run series. Just look at the cast list for "Big Little Lies": Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgard, Laura Dern... these are not TV stars doing TV.

Paul Giamatti doing Billions, James Franco doing the show about JFK's assassination.

I bet if Keanu thinks it's a good project, he'd do it. It's not going to be a huge 7-season commitment.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34216

• 7flow
nobody watching Master of none? come on guys!

Also witcher, dark crystals, and castlevania netflix series? what a time to be alive. minus Trump

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34218

• 7flow
Watching twin peaks for the first time. I have no idea what this show is about besides the first episode.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34220

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
7flow wrote:
Watching twin peaks for the first time. I have no idea what this show is about besides the first episode.

Thats okay, no one else does either.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34227

Shake wrote:
Since when? When do we ever see big name actors who are still very active in the film bizz take the time to do a full season of television. It's always up and comers or older actors that don't draw crowds like they used to (like Kevin Spacey for example).

John Wick 2 made 92 million motherfucking dollars in the USA. Keanu Reeves aint doin no Witcher series LOL. He aint doin no series period.
Depends on the production mate, anthology series is actually quality stuff for a prime actor to try out.

In the case of Matthew Mcconaughey with True Detective season 1. Which I think was just as important as stuff like Mud for people to realize, oh shit, MM can act, he's just been in bum ass romcoms too often.

Thread of Endless Television 2 years 6 months ago #34228

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Ah, I didn't think of True Detective. That's a rare beast though. Anyway assuming it was a possibility, does anybody really want Keanu playing Geralt besides mad_inputs? I just don't see how he fits. I'd put money down on them choosing some relatively unknown actor for Geralt. If I had it my way I'd put Michael Fassbender in the role because Michael Fassbender.