Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18558

Instead of making a contrived reason like "best menu music" "best music from an old game" ...whatever, I'm just making a thread that is basically sister thread to wayp, because chances are the game you are playing is bound to have a track or two you enjoyed. Spoiler warnings if you want to say why it added to a cool moment in the game. Otherwise have at it folks.

I expect this thread to get decent traction.

Also since I didn't make this thread while I was playing Ocarina

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Beacon_of_Truth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18559

• silvur
  • Rendez-vous avec la mort

Actually, fuck it. I'll post the whole goddamn Majora's Mask soundtrack

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by silvur.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18560

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?

^ Rough cut, the full song hasn't been released yet.

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Jecht.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18561

• silvur
Also I believe title should be you're, not your.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18562

silvur wrote:
Also I believe title should be you're, not your.
done

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18568

Cool topic. Im gonna go a little bit more on the newer OSTs,

From the title of the track you should know which mission, awesome shit.

This was the introduction mission of the game.

This was like the first zone you enter in the game and this masterpiece drops, I was never going to be killed in the game when this track starts.

Beast theme. I went totally insane first time I listened to it, the history behind it what made me cray.

Random thoughts inside.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mad_Inputs.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18570

• funsohng
  • Torontonian
Just Gerudo Valley.
Though I haven't gotten to that part yet.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18623

Frozen Cortex, though kinda wish they kept the games' old title, because Frendzone is more amusing that Fro Co

Life is Strange's licensed selection of folk is quite nice.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18627

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18628

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
funsohng wrote:
Just Gerudo Valley.

It's a good pick. Underrated song in a game with a bunch of amazing music already.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18629

And more that I'll probably post later.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18635

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
I haven't actually played Dark Souls II in a few months but I've been listening to some of it's tracks quite a bit lately. There's some really great stuff in there that I didn't immediately appreciate upon first hearing them:

^ one of my favorite boss tracks in the whole series. It's wonderfully paced and layered. 2:01 and on is some triumphantly epic orchestral shit.

Code Veronica's OST is solid as fuck. I was legit caught off guard by how good it is.

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Shake.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18643

• funsohng
  • Torontonian
Jecht wrote:
funsohng wrote:
Just Gerudo Valley.

It's a good pick. Underrated song in a game with a bunch of amazing music already.
I don't know, I haven't really seen anyone who didn't like this and didn't put this as one of the best Zelda songs of all time.
It definitely is my favourite. Despite never getting to Gerudo Valley in my 5 playthroughs yet.

Video game music thread of game your playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18849

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mad_Inputs.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18947

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
I bet none of you guys saw this one comin:

But seriously, I'm like on my knees right now bowing down to this soundtrack. Fucking bowing.

(Roller Mobster and Future Club are my favs)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Shake.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #18961

Of course, pretty much any song from Guilty Gear is fantastic but I've been digging Slayer's theme lately.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 8 months ago #19167

Because someone had to go play OG Hotline Miami to relive that baller soundtrack.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 7 months ago #19859

• silvur
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by silvur.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 7 months ago #19862

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT

It grows on you, but maybe you just gotta be there.

Video game music thread of game you're playing with dope music 2 years 7 months ago #20049

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT

I'm not a big fan of this game's OST but the above track kind of stood out. Very slow and ominous.
Time to create page: 0.668 seconds