Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26136

  • Tagyhag
  • Tagyhag's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • You never gained LOVE, but you gained love.
  • Posts: 913
Bloodborne is that short? (Well short compared to other Souls games)

Neat, I should get around to beating it before 3 comes out. Haven't even gotten to the Cathedral lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26138

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
Tagyhag wrote:
Bloodborne is that short? (Well short compared to other Souls games)

Neat, I should get around to beating it before 3 comes out. Haven't even gotten to the Cathedral lol.
Short for a RPG
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by 7flow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26139

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
Definitely wasn't that short for me. You must be blazing through.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26140

I typically don't have much trouble with bosses or navigating; if I know my route and have a destination to get to, e.g. a boss, I typically run past all the enemies in the area. There's no point fighting if youre headed to a boss. Ludwig in the DLC was a challenge.

EDIT: I'm currently 25 hours in around level 100 and am facing Maria.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Minishdriveby.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26142

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
Like a boss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26143

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
Minishdriveby wrote:
I typically don't have much trouble with bosses or navigating; if I know my route and have a destination to get to, e.g. a boss, I typically run past all the enemies in the area. There's no point fighting if youre headed to a boss. Ludwig in the DLC was a challenge.

EDIT: I'm currently 25 hours in around level 100 and am facing Maria.
good shid
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26145

Bloodborne didn't exactly need more scenarios, as much as it needed more weapons better suited for bloodtinge and arcane builds, maybe even a more defensive build, and a central PvP area or something (which the dlc eventually added). It's shorter than Dark Souls, but that's whatever.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26166

Xenoblade Chronicles X. Last game I will play in 2015. Great year
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26167

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Shake wrote:
Rainbow Six Siege
This game is awesome. Like, I wouldn't recommend that anybody pay $60 for it because there's just not enough game there (only reason I did was because I got $60 of PSN credit for my birthday), but what little bit it has is pretty fuckin rad. Game has a certain feel of intensity to it that I don't get from other shooters anymore. The rush that comes from breaching a door/wall, tossing in a flashbang, and then charging in guns blazing has yet to wear thin.

I been thinking about getting this for awhile, as the mp looks dope, but there were netcode issues so I waited and missed out on the game being 30 bucks on GMG.

I'm sure you have little to no interest in the console version but PSN has it on sale right now for like $44. Still kind of steep but it's something, and I'll always be up for some Siege bro-op action on weekends. This game becomes downright magical on those rare occassions where you have a fully coordinated team.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26168

  • funsohng
  • funsohng's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Torontonian
  • Posts: 1182
I started AC3 again because I'm in that 18th-century-musket-bayonet-sabre mood.
Then I realised I don't get to use oany of those until after suffering through craploads of cutscenes.

Also restarted Future Soldier, only to remind myself that its first mission is so unbearably horrible.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26169

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Bloodborne didn't exactly need more scenarios, as much as it needed more weapons better suited for bloodtinge and arcane builds, maybe even a more defensive build, and a central PvP area or something (which the dlc eventually added). It's shorter than Dark Souls, but that's whatever.

How is the PVP in Bloodborne? I never messed around with it. Just didn't seem very appealing to me. The charming thing about Dark Souls' PVP (Dark Souls 2 specifically) was the wide range of viable builds which allowed for some real crazy matchups. And even the showier not-quite-so-viable builds were a blast to compete with because there exists enough depth in that combat system for PVPers to get creative and pull off some tricky shit. But with Bloodborne I imagine that every PVP battle simply becomes a contest to see who can parry who first. I could be wrong I suppose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26171

  • silvur
  • silvur's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Rendez-vous avec la mort
  • Posts: 1872
Final Fantasy - Because I love doing marathons for some reason.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC - Because I love...something about Shadowrun I think.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26175

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
Shake wrote:
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Bloodborne didn't exactly need more scenarios, as much as it needed more weapons better suited for bloodtinge and arcane builds, maybe even a more defensive build, and a central PvP area or something (which the dlc eventually added). It's shorter than Dark Souls, but that's whatever.

How is the PVP in Bloodborne? I never messed around with it. Just didn't seem very appealing to me. The charming thing about Dark Souls' PVP (Dark Souls 2 specifically) was the wide range of viable builds which allowed for some real crazy matchups. And even the showier not-quite-so-viable builds were a blast to compete with because there exists enough depth in that combat system for PVPers to get creative and pull off some tricky shit. But with Bloodborne I imagine that every PVP battle simply becomes a contest to see who can parry who first. I could be wrong I suppose.
PVP is all about surprise attacks and burst damage.

Not bragging because I suck at pvp, but I have yet to be killed by a invader. I always kill them in a couple hits.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26183

Shake wrote:
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Bloodborne didn't exactly need more scenarios, as much as it needed more weapons better suited for bloodtinge and arcane builds, maybe even a more defensive build, and a central PvP area or something (which the dlc eventually added). It's shorter than Dark Souls, but that's whatever.

How is the PVP in Bloodborne? I never messed around with it. Just didn't seem very appealing to me. The charming thing about Dark Souls' PVP (Dark Souls 2 specifically) was the wide range of viable builds which allowed for some real crazy matchups. And even the showier not-quite-so-viable builds were a blast to compete with because there exists enough depth in that combat system for PVPers to get creative and pull off some tricky shit. But with Bloodborne I imagine that every PVP battle simply becomes a contest to see who can parry who first. I could be wrong I suppose.
20 blood vials, and the opponent being able to vial up made some of the matches draw out quicker, larger issue was it happened so rarely (for a game where there is no such thing as undead or soul form), and the PvP covies kind of took awhile for me to find at least.

Being able to time a proper parry in combat did feel badass, but like you said I would imagine that happens a lot.

It's not so much that the just needs a central pvp area, I'm not going to act like i did any more PvP outside my bloodmoon stuff, because we Dark Souls cop out here. But I liked that when it happened randomly it created a nice tense sensation, like shit just got real. And there weren't enough times for that in BB, which whatever makes sense considering how my playthrough had no summons, but still.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26184

Not having PS+ does wonders for PVPing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26190

Popping my Uncharted cherry with Drake's Fortune. Time must not have been kind to it because the game kinda plays like ass. Mechanically it is very stiff with the gameplay itself feeling pretty thin. I'm only a few chapters in so I do hope it gets better, though I'm willing to slog through it assuming UC2 is all it's cracked up to be.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by mooksi?.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26191

Skip Drake's Fortune, it's not even worth it as a "oh you can see the improvement from it to the sequel!" kinda way.

I'm not saying to skip it forever, but if you just got a PS4 without playing any of its remastered PS3 titles before, you're better off playing the ones that are still worth it today. Like Uncharted 2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26192

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
Blabadon wrote:
Skip Drake's Fortune, it's not even worth it as a "oh you can see the improvement from it to the sequel!" kinda way.

I'm not saying to skip it forever, but if you just got a PS4 without playing any of its remastered PS3 titles before, you're better off playing the ones that are still worth it today. Like Uncharted 2.

They've made improvements to Drakes Fortune in the remaster so if he's playing that version he may as well play it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26193

  • Tagyhag
  • Tagyhag's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • You never gained LOVE, but you gained love.
  • Posts: 913
mooksi? wrote:
Popping my Uncharted cherry with Drake's Fortune. Time must not have been kind to it because the game kinda plays like ass. Mechanically it is very stiff with the gameplay itself feeling pretty thin. I'm only a few chapters in so I do hope it gets better, though I'm willing to slog through it assuming UC2 is all it's cracked up to be.

That shit was worse in the original too, every enemy was a sponge.

I mean, you bought the collection, might as well stick it out, I'm playing it as well.

UC2 is all it's cracked up to be, and you will definitely see the gameplay and pacing improvements.

You don't HAVE to finish UC to see all the improvements considering you already know what's up, but it is your money lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 3 years 3 months ago #26194

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
Playing butt creed London adventure.

It's not the worst one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum