Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #25988

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Rainbow Six Siege

This game is awesome. Like, I wouldn't recommend that anybody pay $60 for it because there's just not enough game there (only reason I did was because I got $60 of PSN credit for my birthday), but what little bit it has is pretty fuckin rad. Game has a certain feel of intensity to it that I don't get from other shooters anymore. The rush that comes from breaching a door/wall, tossing in a flashbang, and then charging in guns blazing has yet to wear thin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #25995

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
SFV is awesome, going to be using nash and cammy a lot. they made the game easier to pull off combos.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #25999

Shake wrote:
Rainbow Six Siege

This game is awesome. Like, I wouldn't recommend that anybody pay $60 for it because there's just not enough game there (only reason I did was because I got $60 of PSN credit for my birthday), but what little bit it has is pretty fuckin rad. Game has a certain feel of intensity to it that I don't get from other shooters anymore. The rush that comes from breaching a door/wall, tossing in a flashbang, and then charging in guns blazing has yet to wear thin.
I been thinking about getting this for awhile, as the mp looks dope, but there were netcode issues so I waited and missed out on the game being 30 bucks on GMG.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26000

You can buy cheapass codes since it was bundled with some PC stuff. Like sub-$20.

Only thing is gross uPlay on PC
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26001

  • funsohng
  • funsohng's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Torontonian
  • Posts: 1182
Skyrim
- Mods not working propery. Everyone still looks like an ass.

Civ V
- F*cking Catholic pieces of shits spreading their falsehood to my borders. I shall have to wage a second Crusade.
By the way, this game's diplomacy is weak as shit. Especially things considering the newly added stuff in the expansions.

Fire Emblem: Akwaneing
- I bought it again, this time a physical copy, because Ninshitdo continues to refuse to believe that they live in 21st century.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
- Good stuff. Only things I don't like (oher than some questionably missing characters like Vivi) are probably the ridiculously slow non-dash speed (the discrepancy between dash and normal is the big problem) and
The game is really fast-paced. Probably the fastest musou game along with Gundam Musou series. Though it doesn't have he fluidity and semi-strategy elements of Samurai Warriors 4, which I still consider to be the most definitive musou game right now, the action itself is sweet as hell. Vita port is legit, there are pop-ins like any other musou games, but compared to Orochi 3 Ultimate, this shit is a legit port.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26005

Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26006

  • silvur
  • silvur's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Rendez-vous avec la mort
  • Posts: 1872
Minishdriveby wrote:
Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.

Because people are stupid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26013

  • Tagyhag
  • Tagyhag's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • You never gained LOVE, but you gained love.
  • Posts: 913
Minishdriveby wrote:
Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.

1. The first 2 hours are kind of slow, it picks up.

2. The true ending made people love it, the third ending made people recognize it as one of the best games in a long time.

You won't understand why the game is loved unless you don't at the very least get the true ending.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Tagyhag.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26016

Tagyhag wrote:
Minishdriveby wrote:
Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.

1. The first 2 hours are kind of slow, it picks up.

2. The true ending made people love it, the third ending made people recognize it as one of the best games in a long time.

You won't understand why the game is loved unless you don't at the very least get the true ending.

The first two hours are slow? I'm nearing the core (fighting Muffet) and I think Hotland has been a drag. Is the true ending the pacifist ending? Is the third ending the genocide ending?

I don't really want to have to retread through something three times to enjoy the endings.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Minishdriveby.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26019

Minishdriveby wrote:
Tagyhag wrote:
Minishdriveby wrote:
Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.

1. The first 2 hours are kind of slow, it picks up.

2. The true ending made people love it, the third ending made people recognize it as one of the best games in a long time.

You won't understand why the game is loved unless you don't at the very least get the true ending.

The first two hours are slow? I'm nearing the core (fighting Muffet) and I think Hotland has been a drag. Is the true ending the pacifist ending? Is the third ending the genocide ending?

I don't really want to have to retread through something three times to enjoy the endings.
What if Philipe is correct, and Undertale is The Brothers of 2015, The To The Moon of 2015. The Gone Home of 2015. The Braid of 2015.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26021

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
It is definitely the brothers of 2015. People wouldn't shut up about that game in 2013. You know who still talks about it? No one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26027

Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Minishdriveby wrote:
Tagyhag wrote:
Minishdriveby wrote:
Undertale - It's cute, but I'm not sure I get why everyone is going bananas for it.

1. The first 2 hours are kind of slow, it picks up.

2. The true ending made people love it, the third ending made people recognize it as one of the best games in a long time.

You won't understand why the game is loved unless you don't at the very least get the true ending.

The first two hours are slow? I'm nearing the core (fighting Muffet) and I think Hotland has been a drag. Is the true ending the pacifist ending? Is the third ending the genocide ending?

I don't really want to have to retread through something three times to enjoy the endings.
What if Philipe is correct, and Undertale is The Brothers of 2015, The To The Moon of 2015. The Gone Home of 2015. The Braid of 2015.

But 3/4 of those games are great! Undertale has some really cool aspects too. The main things I've seen people highlight are the script and the subversion of game mechanics through not wanting to kill monsters. While the script can be humorous, it relies very heavily on that random pun filled reddit humor which I feel like I'm being hit with a "laugh because this is funny stick," and I just don't see why not killing is seen as a novel subversion of tropes when there have been quite a few games with pacifist runs.

So what do I find good about Undertale? Mainly the art direction and character concept for the monsters as well as the creative bullet hell events during battles.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Minishdriveby.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26028

Minishdriveby wrote:

But 3/4 of those games are great! Undertale has some really cool aspects too. The main things I've seen people highlight are the script and the subversion of game mechanics through not wanting to kill monsters. While the script can be humorous, it relies very heavily on that random pun filled reddit humor which I feel like I'm being hit with a "laugh because this is funny stick," and I just don't see why not killing is seen as a novel subversion of tropes when there have been quite a few games with pacifist runs.

So what do I find good about Undertale? Mainly the art direction and character concept for the monsters as well as the creative bullet hell events during battles.
1/4 is great, and that's Braid since I was joking about that one in the group. The other 3 are pretty much undeserving. Internet humor never works for me, I think it ruins Guacamelee a bit, when the joke for that game is the concept itself, but I mean To The Moon between the two scientists is nothing but internet humor.

My understanding isn't that you can do a pacifist run, it's that the games narrative, and scathing during genocide runs actually has merit to it given that it is a choice, the game has a neat set of systems and minigames to make all that stuff enjoyable, and the story beats all culminate in the way these things are supposed to culminate. All heresay, but I'll probably get around to that game in 2016.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26033

Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Minishdriveby wrote:

But 3/4 of those games are great! Undertale has some really cool aspects too. The main things I've seen people highlight are the script and the subversion of game mechanics through not wanting to kill monsters. While the script can be humorous, it relies very heavily on that random pun filled reddit humor which I feel like I'm being hit with a "laugh because this is funny stick," and I just don't see why not killing is seen as a novel subversion of tropes when there have been quite a few games with pacifist runs.

So what do I find good about Undertale? Mainly the art direction and character concept for the monsters as well as the creative bullet hell events during battles.
1/4 is great, and that's Braid since I was joking about that one in the group. The other 3 are pretty much undeserving. Internet humor never works for me, I think it ruins Guacamelee a bit, when the joke for that game is the concept itself, but I mean To The Moon between the two scientists is nothing but internet humor.

My understanding isn't that you can do a pacifist run, it's that the games narrative, and scathing during genocide runs actually has merit to it given that it is a choice, the game has a neat set of systems and minigames to make all that stuff enjoyable, and the story beats all culminate in the way these things are supposed to culminate. All heresay, but I'll probably get around to that game in 2016.

I would still include Gone Home and Brothers in the great category.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26034

  • Tagyhag
  • Tagyhag's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • You never gained LOVE, but you gained love.
  • Posts: 913
Minishdriveby wrote:

The first two hours are slow? I'm nearing the core (fighting Muffet) and I think Hotland has been a drag. Is the true ending the pacifist ending? Is the third ending the genocide ending?

I don't really want to have to retread through something three times to enjoy the endings.

Yeah Hotland is another blemish but that's pretty much it.

The true ending is the pacifist ending and the third ending is the genocide ending yes.

For the pacifist ending, the game will let you do what you have to do to get it once you're done with the first ending from your last save point, so you don't have to go back through the game again. As for the Genocide, you start at the beginning but the game is finished much quicker and everything is different.

Point is, you will never play the same game twice for different endings.
Jecht wrote:
It is definitely the brothers of 2015. People wouldn't shut up about that game in 2013. You know who still talks about it? No one.

People still talk about Earthbound, and I'd consider Undertale to be the better game, even if it's a direct homage to it.

If anything, people will still listen to its soundtrack, it's fucking amazing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26035

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
brothers was a good game, and undertale definitely deserves the praise.


the people dissing it in this thread are people who haven't played it so just ignore them tagy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26036

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
Huh? I played Undertale.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26037

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
Jecht wrote:
Huh? I played Undertale.
show me the car facts
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26039

7flow wrote:
Jecht wrote:
Huh? I played Undertale.
show me the car facts

I'm currently in the process of playing it...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2015 THE GOAT YEAR 4 years 2 months ago #26040

  • Tagyhag
  • Tagyhag's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • You never gained LOVE, but you gained love.
  • Posts: 913
7flow wrote:
brothers was a good game, and undertale definitely deserves the praise.


the people dissing it in this thread are people who haven't played it so just ignore them tagy

Lol people are entitled to their opinions.

There are those who did not like the characters of Undertale, and if that's the case, you'll never enjoy the game since they play such a big part.

I like the praise that Undertale is getting but just like other games, some overzealous fans don't realize that people can legit not like the game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum