Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33507

Goddamn I was wondering why this forum was looking up recently. Now I realized it was because Bryan left.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33512

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Game is fine. I'm just being extra hard on it because I expect more. Nier is one of my all time favs after all. Seriously though, the characters have been pretty paper thin and boring thus far. I hope they get more interesting, 2B especially. She like barely even talks which is very un-Nier.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33513

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Blabadon wrote:
Goddamn I was wondering why this forum was looking up recently. Now I realized it was because Bryan left.

Which one is Bryan and why did he leave?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33517

Shakeworld

Shit game - It's the bestest

Game is actually fun to play now - I mean it's not as good as the game that was straight trash when it came to the playing it part.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33518

  • silvur
  • silvur's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Rendez-vous avec la mort
  • Posts: 1872
Blabadon wrote:
Goddamn I was wondering why this forum was looking up recently. Now I realized it was because Bryan left.

Could never leave you Bob.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by silvur.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33519

There is literally no one on this forum named Bob, you idiot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 1 month ago #33526

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
Automata is an improvement in every way, combat, quests, graphics, music, except for the characters. I agree with Shake on this one, I'm not connection with anyone. 2B isn't really a character at all and 9S seems more like a whiny commentary machine. The communications girl who keeps flirting with 2B is funny.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 3 weeks ago #33609

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
kabphillie wrote:
Automata is an improvement in every way, combat, quests, graphics, music, except for the characters. I agree with Shake on this one, I'm not connection with anyone. 2B isn't really a character at all and 9S seems more like a whiny commentary machine. The communications girl who keeps flirting with 2B is funny.

Just wait. Oh man, just wait.

This fucking game guys. THIS FUCKING GAME.

(Finished the main endings tonight)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 3 weeks ago #33641

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
Finished ending A. Just getting interesting :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33707

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
Finished ending C. Definitely going back at a later date to get other endings, though I don't know if I'll grind items to get a Plat.

Amazing game. Shake is salty and crazy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33709

  • funsohng
  • funsohng's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Torontonian
  • Posts: 1182
kabphillie wrote:
Finished ending C. Definitely going back at a later date to get other endings, though I don't know if I'll grind items to get a Plat.

Amazing game. Shake is salty and crazy.
Mad irony considering the title of this thread
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33710

  • 7flow
  • 7flow's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 4539
kabphillie wrote:
Finished ending C. Definitely going back at a later date to get other endings, though I don't know if I'll grind items to get a Plat.

Amazing game. Shake is salty and crazy.

there is a way to plat the game without working for it
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33714

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Just heard this game passed 1 million in sales. We better get a PS4 Remaster of original Nier out of this or y'all will see how salty I can really be. Ain't no reason for Square to neglect that masterpiece any longer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33716

  • silvur
  • silvur's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Rendez-vous avec la mort
  • Posts: 1872
Shake wrote:
Just heard this game passed 1 million in sales. We better get a PS4 Remaster of original Nier out of this or y'all will see how salty I can really be. Ain't no reason for Square to neglect that masterpiece any longer.

The fact that they don't even have it in their store tells me they're willing to neglect that shit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33718

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
7flow wrote:
kabphillie wrote:
Finished ending C. Definitely going back at a later date to get other endings, though I don't know if I'll grind items to get a Plat.

Amazing game. Shake is salty and crazy.

there is a way to plat the game without working for it
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Totally forgot about that. I'm not too proud to do it. I might even have enough cash too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33721

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
silvur wrote:
Shake wrote:
Just heard this game passed 1 million in sales. We better get a PS4 Remaster of original Nier out of this or y'all will see how salty I can really be. Ain't no reason for Square to neglect that masterpiece any longer.

The fact that they don't even have it in their store tells me they're willing to neglect that shit.




"That shit" as you refer to it has more humor, emotion, and all-around charisma packed into it's first 3 minute pre-game opening video than all off Automata's story I've witnessed thus far. Hell, Kaine has more personality in her pinky finger than the entire fucking cast of Automata. These are not nitpicks - this game has a severe lack of character that the original had no short supply of. My disappointment should be completely obvious.

Again, I'm not hating on Automata because I think it's a bad game. I'm hating on it because it's a disappointing follow-up to one of the greatest games ever made.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33732

  • kabphillie
  • kabphillie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The Doctor is Real In.
  • Posts: 1355
Shake wrote:
because it's a disappointing follow-up to one of the greatest games ever made.

No and no. I say this as a defender of Nier and disagreeing with Champ's absolute hatred of the gameplay. I stand by what I said. Automata is clearly the better game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33733

Shake stupidly thought the combat was the exact same thing between the two games, and the only difference was that the animations are nicer. So that speaks for itself.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33739

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Lol the combat is so not great in this game. I dunno what hard difficulty is like but normal is a total snooze fest. I was button-mashing almost the entire time and the enemies are entirely too damage spongey. I even turned the difficulty down to easy at one point in the hope that they would die faster so I could move things along.

I suppose part of it was my fault because by playthrough #3 I was super underleveled because I skipped like 99% of those boring ass sidequests. But back to my original point = Kaine has more personality in her pinky finger than the whole cast of Automata.

Oh Kaine, how I desperately miss your cute snarky ass.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nier Automata Thread: Aka we get it Shake 2 years 2 weeks ago #33742

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
There is some serious rose tint in this thread.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum