Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Breath of the Wild Thread

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33318

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Zelda be like:



Horizon be like:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33319

98 with 61 reviews, this is insanity!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33322

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33323

No self control
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33326

  • Aljosa
  • Aljosa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Where is Dear Tommy?
  • Posts: 1229
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Nintendo Switch
I'll be joining you Tuesday, fam.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33331

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Beacon_of_Truth wrote:

Some of you, are foolishly getting a Nintendo Switch, and I'm gonna play it on the PeeU

L
O
L

For reals though, I'm mad jelly over the pro controller. I didn't have the extra $$ to go that far and I wish I did. I'm not crazy about the thing that comes in the box. Feels hella weird.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33340

  • Aljosa
  • Aljosa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Where is Dear Tommy?
  • Posts: 1229
People are saying the best way to play the game is with separated Joycons. Gonna try that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33343

So I've been playing for about 4 hours now. I'm impressed. Just running around the world saying that looks cool Imma go there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33344

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
This game man. It evokes the same kinds of feels you get when first dipping into games like Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and Skyrim. It totally nails that unique sense of adventure and wonder. Exploration in this game consists of so much more than simply knocking things off a checklist (fuck you Ubisoft). The best open world games are the ones that consistently maintain your curiosity and don't hold your hand the entire damn time. Nintendo gets it man. They get it.

I better be able to upgrade my stamina at some point tho because Link gets winded like a freakin chain smoker in this game.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33347

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
My thoughts so far.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33350

Well my first play session comes to a close at 8 hours today, wow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33352

Shake wrote:

I better be able to upgrade my stamina at some point tho because Link gets winded like a freakin chain smoker in this game.
So far it seems like you can choose to upgrade hearts or stamina at certain points. My one friend keeps shooting me texts of all the things he can suddenly climb because he went full Dark Souls 1 and went stamina, stamina, and more stamina.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33354

Beacon_of_Truth wrote:
Shake wrote:

I better be able to upgrade my stamina at some point tho because Link gets winded like a freakin chain smoker in this game.
So far it seems like you can choose to upgrade hearts or stamina at certain points. My one friend keeps shooting me texts of all the things he can suddenly climb because he went full Dark Souls 1 and went stamina, stamina, and more stamina.

Well that is the way to do it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33356

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
This game is fuckin magical. I don't wanna do anything else but play it. How far in is everybody?

I did the 4 opening dungeons, just been screwing around now mostly and loving it. If I have one complaint so far it's the cooking shit. I don't like the cooking stuff.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33357

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
Climbing in this game is so satisfying. It makes that "push X to Mission Impossible 2" bullshit in games like Uncharted look so lame by comparison. There's an actual sense of danger and payoff to it here. The stamina system is great.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Shake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33358

  • Aljosa
  • Aljosa's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Where is Dear Tommy?
  • Posts: 1229
Jecht wrote:
My thoughts so far.

Your dedication to being a Sony shill is so impressive
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33360

  • DarkLink
  • DarkLink's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Keep the flag flying.
  • Posts: 493
Game is great. I've finally hit the first two major towns - Kakariko Village and Hateno Village. I've also got my first two horses. Their names are Hank and Rumpus.

Tip on horses: Rensa, at the stables, will give you a quest to go tame one and point you to one that has decent stats and is easy to tame. I think it only happens during the day however.

Loving the exploration and freedom. Can't stop playing it. Love being able to climb everything and explore. But seriously jonesing for an honest-to-God Zelda dungeon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33367

  • Jecht
  • Jecht's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Did you say nerd?
  • Posts: 3966
Aljosa wrote:
Jecht wrote:
My thoughts so far.

Your dedication to being a Sony shill is so impressive

I know right. I spent $350 just to make this joke picture.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Jecht.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33371

During the best parts of this game I haven't felt this giddy about a video game, since I was a fucking kid. Pure exploration is concerned it's been a joy to play.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Breath of the Wild Thread 2 years 1 month ago #33373

  • Shake
  • Shake's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
  • Posts: 3741
I've finished 2 of the main dungeons, 33 shrines, and climbed about 6 or 7 towers so far. I'm loving the hell out of this game. Wish I didn't have to work at all, I just want to play Zelda lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum