Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 6 months ago #34508

Yakuza 0. Time to get overly invested in a whole new series
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 6 months ago #34523

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

It almost feels like a whole new XCOM. I can't say it renders vanilla XCOM 2 totally obsolete (I'm not crazy about the soldier fatigue system, and the photomode feels tacked on and pointless) but I appreciate most of the new shit. Covert Ops and soldier bonds are really cool and add a lot of depth to the core game. The new Chosen enemies are whatever. They talk too damn much.

Also worth noting, my Jane Kelly on this playthrough is somehow even more badass than she was on the first. For those not in the know, Jane Kelly is like the unofficial Samus Aran/Master Chief/Doom Guy of XCOM 2.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 6 months ago #34526

Hollow Knight

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 6 months ago #34531

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
The Evil Within 2

It's pretty good. The open worldy stuff in chapter 3 was really neat but it started to get old after a while. The game seems to settle into a more linear progression after that, similar to the first game, and I'm enjoying it a lot more now. Currently in chapter 6.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 6 months ago #34541

• Evan
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 5 months ago #34563

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Super Mario Odyssey, Dragon's Dogma.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 5 months ago #34581

• kabphillie
  • The Doctor is Real In.
Odyssey. JFC so good.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 5 months ago #34592

Wolfenstein: The New Order in preparation for the new one. Seems that the game I choose from my backlog is dictated by if the sequel is good lol

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 4 months ago #34602

Nier: Automata.

lol remember when Shake tried to pretend shitty ass Nier 1 had better combat? What a goober.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 4 months ago #34607

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Should be a quickie

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 4 months ago #34610

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Hopefully I'll know how to say 'Senua' properly by the end of it

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 4 months ago #34612

• kabphillie
  • The Doctor is Real In.
skinny_man_69 wrote:
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Hopefully I'll know how to say 'Senua' properly by the end of it

Are you using headphones?

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 3 months ago #34618

I have a surround sound system, so pretty much. Highly recommended

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 3 months ago #34623

Super Mario Odyssey

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 3 months ago #34624

To the Top.

I don't think I have had more fun speed running a game than this. It's probably the best game I've played this year.

What are you playing thread of 2017 because no one was making one 1 year 3 months ago #34654

Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga + Bowser's Minion

It's really cool playing what's one of the most defining games of my life again. The charm is still there in spades, but this new art style and the small changes leading to a much easier game derive from an experience that honestly had nowhere to go but down - the original was near perfect. The way the original game was awesome at using the GBA completely is lost on the 3DS and being away from the latter trashfire of a system, those buttons fucking suck. But it's still SuperStar Saga, and SuperStar Saga is life.