Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 9 months ago #33365

As someone whose first (interrupted due to a deleted save) runthrough involved using a lot of Embers for the herpes tree, it feels satisfying putting him down by myself this time.

I remember not enjoying the upcoming sections; anything I should do or avoid?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33471

I love this game.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33473

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Worst of the Soulsborne games. Still pretty damn good tho.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33477

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
Shake wrote:

It is still way way way way infinity and beyond better than the Dark Souls 2 base game.

But yes, in the Miyazaki lineage it is the weakest.

Kinda goes Bloodborne>>Demon's Souls>>Dark Souls>>Dark Souls 3 for me.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Jecht.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33478

Jecht wrote:
Shake wrote:

It is still way way way way infinity and beyond better than the Dark Souls 2 base game.
Better than Scholar of the First Sin too, you still gotta play large stretches of dull ass shit.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33479

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Nah, no way bros. Even if you ignore the amazing DLCs (why in god's name would you want to?) DS2 still has the deepest and best combat system, the most build variety, and by far the best pvp (I realize pvp isn't a huge deal for some people who play these games but it was legit good in 2). I was so disappointed when I realized DS3 got rid of the powerstance stuff. That shit was super great in 2 and excluding it was a stupid thing to do.

I also appreciate that DS2's environments were mostly new and unique. Like walking into Majula for the first time = one of the GOAT Souls moments. 3 mostly consisted of rehashed environments from past games. And then when you take into account DS2's DLCs, well that game is just criminally underrated as fuck. It has it's flaws but it's a great sequel. I will replay it over 3 any day.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Shake.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33480

All that build variety stuff is nice, but it isn't like Dark Souls 3 exactly dropped that down to Bloodborne levels. The core playing it part of those areas and that combat only was the weakest though. So many fucking areas were just lame to play.

Dark Souls 3 while creatively lazy, is at least consistently enjoyable. Can not say the same for Dark Souls 2, and I can't say I'm too big on what that game would consider "highs".

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33481

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
That stuff is fine in DS3. I'm mostly just salty about it excluding the combat additions that Dark Souls 2 made. That was a downright ignorant and maybe even arrogant move on Miyazaki's part. That weapon art shit they came up with for 3 aint even half as good. Aint even 1 fucking 8th as good as the mechanics introduced in DS2.

Also, play the DLCs turd. I can't believe you continue to brush off that excellence being a fan of the series and all. Or at least youtube the boss fights and weapons, lol.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Shake.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33482

Shake wrote:
That stuff is fine in DS3. I'm mostly just salty about it excluding the combat additions that Dark Souls 2 made. That was a downright ignorant and maybe even arrogant move on Miyazaki's part. That weapon art shit they came up with for 3 aint even half as good. Aint even 1 fucking 8th as good as the mechanics introduced in DS2.

Also, play the DLCs turd. I can't believe you continue to brush off that excellence being a fan of the series and all. Or at least youtube the boss fights and weapons, lol.
I have no desire to ever install that game again.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33483

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Your hatred of Dark Souls 2 breaks my heart... almost as much as your hatred for Nier... and your love for Mafia 2.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33484

I love Mafia 2 as much as you love Uncharted 1.

And it's not even hatred (well I guess it is) for Dark Souls 2, it's a fine game, but it's made more infuriating and dull than it needed to be. I'm sure the PvP stuff is excellent, but the PvE part, it's the weakest of the bunch. I don't think it's close.

And a bunch of late game levels, aren't going to help that much. I'm still gonna be like, but I was really fucking unsatisfied for about 30+ hours before this.

On the flip side, Dark Souls was enjoyable out of the gate, yeah a late level or 2 sucks, but it's a small blemish on what is otherwise an excellent game. Which to be fair I would still probably consider Dark Souls 2 okay or even good, it's just I find the other 4 games way better than just okay or good.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Beacon_of_Truth.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 8 months ago #33487

I'm with Shake on this man, if you have any Souls urges at all, 2's DLC is apparently great, if not excellent. A lot of people say it's the best content in the entire series. I say do it because you have the benefit of a completed game already; my completed game is for vanilla Souls 2 on my PS3, and I'd rather not play it there again.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33539

Man I haven't even finished the first DLC.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33541

• 7flow
Bloodborne>DS3>DS 1>Demon souls

gameplay and bosses come first to me then level design.

lord have mercy why did they do the swamp shit again in DS3 is beyond me. we did not need two swamps in 2016.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33586

Hahahahah @ Justin. New patch increases Heavy Exile Greatsword's AR over 100 points to like 570. Based From.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33595

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
Gunna go back to this this weekend. New dlc drops onTuesday .

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33606

I'm assuming the patch is out (it has to be, I'm seeing update 1.11 in my game), because otherwise I'm seeing major placebo with my Heavy Exile Greatsword. Definitely a few enemies I can one shot over the two it took me earlier.

Good timing for the patch too, as last time I had just unlocked the shortcut to Dragonslayer Armor, aka a boss perfect for testing out my new damage. Great fight; I, for the first time in my life in a Souls game (besides Pinwheel lol), completely two handed my weapon and relied on rolling. Feels good not to suck yo. I didn't make too many mistakes and took the dude down in four or five tries without worrying about stopping to use my shield. In fact, one might say they made his attacks too telegraphed, but the way my heart was beating at the end of that fight was a way only From can do.

I definitely think the depths of my cuts with this weapon post-patch made the fight even easier, but again, not complaining. Goddamn, I love this game.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33607

• 7flow
I literally two handed my first playthrough.

I need to try the new dlc out.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 8 months ago #33642

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
The new DLC releases tonight. This is potentially the last bit of Dark Souls content we will ever see again folks :(

Embrace it, cherish it. End of an era.

Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens 2 years 4 months ago #34424

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
The Ringed City DLC is fucking terrible. It's nothing but trial and error bullshit. This has to be a joke. No way Dark Souls goes out on this note!