Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dark Souls 3 thread of praising the crappy puns that don't make any Sens

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28689

• 7flow
silvur wrote:
This game seems so much shorter.
because it is and this is coming from a guy who grinded and spent up to 3 hours just helping other players out/invading.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28690

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
silvur wrote:

I'd say it's roughly the same length as Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28691

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
silvur wrote:

It's shorter than Dark Souls but I think it's around the same length as Bloodborne and Demons. Also factor in that a lot of us are vets at these games and can blow through areas easier than your average player.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28692

Beat that giant, I'm eye rolling the shit out of that call back.

The dancer fight though was fun. Also didn't hate the ithica dungeon as much as you guys, mostly because I like how creepy it is. That said while the jailers health thing is a bit much, they don't annoy me half as much as the mother brain assholes.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Beacon_of_Truth.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28693

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
At least with the winter lanterns you could pop a sedative. These dudes have no chill.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28694

Yeah but these cats have to actually hit you to kill you, and at least in my case I came to this after the 2 cinder cats were down, so as long as I got the first 2 hits in, they were dead to rights since they would get stunned during their wind up.

Frenzy could kill you because "yolo I'm looking at you".

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28695

• 7flow
being a vet has nothing to do with breezing through this game. the areas are just less bs, easier access to bonfires/shortcut, and easy bosses till late game.

plus the summoning system in this game can break bosses. You can summon 2-3 cats as well.

I think there is only one optional boss where you have to go out of your way to figure but the rest of the bosses are easy to find.

Boss#18 Drake the dragon
3/5

the way you kill this boss is soooooooo fucking good.

Also Shake I started fighting the boss you gave up on. After an hour of trying I can only get him half way on his second phase.

I am not giving up though because I want his gear.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28696

• Shake
  • LOOK AT MY SHIT
Oh wow, I just realized I went through the whole game without trying to dual wield power stance even once. That was like my favorite mechanic from Dark Souls 2 and I totally forgot about it. Can you even power stance in this game?

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28697

• 7flow
Shake wrote:
Oh wow, I just realized I went through the whole game without trying to dual wield power stance even once. That was like my favorite mechanic from Dark Souls 2 and I totally forgot about it. Can you even power stance in this game?
depends on the weapon art.

I was thinking a lot of the bosses in this game were forgettable but then the last 4 blow my mind. Hail From
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by 7flow.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28698

7flow wrote:
being a vet has nothing to do with breezing through this game. the areas are just less bs, easier access to bonfires/shortcut, and easy bosses till late game.
You're right on the later points, but Phil's right, this is most of our fourth or fifth Souls(like) game, that alone has made it way easier for us to breeze through.

Plus Bloodborne has made us all better offensively :P

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28699

• 7flow
True exp will make this easier. But I think playing bloodborne alone is enough to make the enemies/bosses feel like molasses.

Boss #19 aka the witch king.

Hands down th coolest l, most badass boss I have ever fought against in a souls game. You are literally fighting two bosses. So you gotta learn the move set of two bosses plus make sure you got enough Estus to survive the onslaught. Just Gettinng hit by him once is a automatic heal

Took me less than 25 tries(lulz) but at least I beat him solo to boost my e penis.

I highly doubt any of you scrubs can solo him. Also lol Shake you overblown the camera complaint. There is only once move during the first phase of the fight that makes me to this was a bad design. The key for the first phase is be aggressive and the second phase to roll to the right while hugging. You can stagger and crict him

Boss #1
I rally love this dude. He Gundyr grows on you. 5/5. Beating him with just a giant ass mace on the first try feels good.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by 7flow.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28701

Two more vanquished.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28702

• 7flow
skinny_man_69 wrote:
Two more vanquished.

damn one death on Tiny dancer? :kanye: you are the fucking chosen one.

I wanna call

the mountain

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28703

Something that may really be helping my cause is the rings I'm wearing. Carthus Bloodring coupled with Carthus Milkring gives me a fairly substantial invincibility window while rolling, which could be the reason why I feel like bosses aren't hitting me when they should be. I was rolling right through Tiny Dancer's swipes like they were nothing.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28704

• 7flow
Damn I didn't use either of those but will keep an eye out for them in ng+

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28705

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
Which one is the one that raises Dex and obscures rolling?

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28706

• 7flow
Jecht wrote:
Which one is the one that raises Dex and obscures rolling?
milkring

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28708

• Jecht
  • Did you say nerd?
Yeah that ring is legit.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28709

• 7flow
I rocked two increase weight rings and another ring that boosted my end by 12. the last one depended on the area.

Dark Souls 3 thread of there are too many Estus Flasks in this universe 2 years 11 months ago #28715

www.twitch.tv/endlessbacklog

Going on

Rocking Havel and Ring of Favor, The stamina speed up ring, and the one that bumps up your dex and also makes your evade ghosty.